Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pay It Forward Oceangram

This is to thank the man who -
in the early 1970's - stopped and
helped me get my car going.
It happened on Mannheim Road
in DesPlaines Illinois. It was around
midnight and my car died. It was also
around zero degrees. He worked
on my engine (hood up) and then
came around and put the car in park.
It then started fine. I just want him
to know I had borrowed that car and
was used to driving a stick shift and
therfore thought all cars started in
neutral.
Once again - Thank you - You really
did save me. I would have frozen.
You are a hero to me - even until
this day.

---
Ah, that's nice....
---
I hope someday in heaven I'll get a chance to thank everyone who did me a kindness. Many times people don't realize how big a small kindness can figure in the other person's life.
---
pay it forward..help someone too in your own way.
---
If everyone was that kind the world would be a better place
---
I have a similar story. Just a few weeks ago I was in a car going from Chicago Illinois toward DeKalb. It was snowing very heavily, and we hit an icy patch and slid off the road. We were driving a little sedan and were stuck (unharmed, thankfully) in a ditch waiting for a tow truck, which we'd been warned might take a while. Luckily, a man with a pickup truck came along and pulled us out. He was so nice - he even got down on his knees in the snow to attach the cables. I don't know his name, but I will never forget his kindness.
---
wow. that is really nice of him. hopefully more and more ppl will stop to help others and make the world a better place :-)
---
Of all the bad things we hear constantly.. It's so good to hear of the good things that people do for one another. If we help one another with kindness, this would be a better place to live.
---
im nauseous

---
People used to do that often in the "good old days".
---
People STILL do. It's only the bad stuff you hear about, thanks to the news organizations credo, "if it bleeds, it leads"..........
---
What goes around comes around.
---
Pay it forward! 09 May 2008
---
to the poster who said I'm nauseous - too effin' bad , get over it !!!
---
**
---
good only comes to those who deserve it, as the good pay it forward to get it back
---
This is to thank the very kind man who helped me when i had my bag snatched on the beach in 2004 when i was there with my young daughter. A very kind man stopped the theif and my bag was returned. thankyou.
---
this is a lovely bottle - full of hope and faith in human kind.
---
I wish I could keep this bottle to read every time I get depressed over the news. See, humanity isn't all that bad!
---
tossing back to last poster so they can keep it

Oceangram found June 11, 2008

1 comment:

Reflections Magazine editor said...

I enjoyed reading this post very much, so much that I added a link to it in a similar post I wrote.
http://thefearlessblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/pay-it-forward.html

These stories must be told...