Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday Notes



Hello Oceangrammers!

I have a few notes for you this morning:

First I want to ask you for suggestions for this site. I would like to make it fun and useful for you.

Here are some things that I plan to keep doing:
  • "Where to find Oceangrammers" updates: Please help me keep track of the forums that talk about Oceangramming. If a thread is lost or moved, you can comment on the current "Where to Find Oceangrammers" post and I will add that information to my update.

  • Archive Oceangrams: I will be posting oceangrams on the Oceangram Archive blog and linking to them from here. If your forum is one that closes threads often and even deletes threads (heaven forbid!), and you don't want your favorite oceangrams to disappear, please email me and I will be happy to "archive" them here for you.

  • Incorporate "Stories from Believers" into the Oceangram Stories blog: There are some great stories that were sent to Oceangram.com. I will be reposting them and posting new ones that are sent in to Oceangram.

  • Here are some things I'm considering:
  • A regular feature on forums that "oceangram." I would pick one forum a week to talk about. If you are a forum regular and would like your forum to be the first "featured," email me.

  • A regular feature on countries with a large percentage of oceangrammers.This would be dependant on me finding bilingual oceangrammers that can tell me a bit about their "oceangram" experience. If you are such a person and are interested, email me.

  • I also plan to talk more about language tools available on the web, create an "acronyms of Oceangram" page, and talk a little about oceangramming for "newbies."


    Please feel free to comment on any of these things or send me your ideas. You can use the email link on the front page of Oceangram Stories.


    I wanted to say thanks to all who participated in the "Millionth Oceangram Guess" Game. A great time was had by all. I should say that no one "won" the contest. We really can't confirm where the one millionth oceangram arrived because we never found a screenshot of it. We did, however, get a screenshot of the 1,000,001st oceangram, which is pretty darn close! Thanks again to Amy of Connecticut for that.

    (Amy, just so you know, Bottlewriter, of the Bottle Party forum has conferred upon you the honorary title of "Bottle Millionaire" should you choose to accept it. Go check that out. : )

    On to our story: We can deduce that the one millionth oceangram would have come probably seconds before the million and first which arrived at 1:52 am (GMT) on Sunday, August 20th.
  • Donna Piranha guessed that the message would arrive in Canada on Saturday, but she did not specify which time zone she was speaking of. (It was Saturday night in America, so she could have been "right" :)

  • Bottlewriter said it would come on Sunday afternon, but also didn't specify where.

  • I said it would come on Sunday at 6 pm GMT.

  • Shawn Kashou, of Oceangram, guessed that it would arrive in Germany (unconfirmed).
  • ~~Well, we were all close so runner-up prizes all around!~~


    Last but not least, here are some oceangrams from the Oceangram Gallery.

    Enjoy!

    ~Sera

  • Приди, дай руку мне, и вместе потанцуем на песке"Arrive, give hand to me, and let us dance together in the sand."

  • 大学の食堂で国際情勢のニュースを見るたびに"At each time you look at the news of international situation with the dining room of the university"

  • "Spread the love people, too much hate in the world today"

  • "This is really cool!"

  • "HELLO from Kam and mkm"

  • "Please send me energy for willpower to eat healthier and lose weight"

  • "I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright."

  • "I need a nap!"

  • "Hello, anyone out there? If so please respond. Thanks!!!""Annie, a lonely girl from Moscow"

  • "Voting Republican means lower taxes, and more security."



  • Where to Find Oceangrammers




    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    http://readitswapit.myfreeforum.org/ftopic1739.php

    we have a topic just for this site xx
    Donna