Saturday, September 08, 2007

Loss and Grief



Lighten Up!, originally uploaded by lorenzodom.
An Oceangram
................................................

I lost 4 people dear to me this year. My mother, my father, my aunt and a very close friend. I wish everyone would just let me be sad and miss them. I know they mean well when they say, "You'll see them again" or "They are in a better place." I know that, and I appreciate it, but sometimes I just want someone to agree with me that it is just so painful.
---
I can't even imagine how painful this must be. We all have to face tragedy at some point. It's part of life. And so is grief. However, I'm sure if they could speak to you now, they would want you to hold onto life stronger than ever and remember the good times you had together with a smile on your face.

---
This person has a point, that it's best not to try to help grief. When I was a little girl and my father died, nice ladies would come up to me and say, "Don't feel bad dear, your father will always be in your heart." It took everything I had not to reply, "Yeah, but just try to call him on the phone."

No comments: